2014-2015 Registration for incoming 6th graders, as well as new students to Vista Unified School District, will begin Monday, April 7, 2014.
For questions, please contact Mrs. Cross at ext. 2005
Si tienen preguntas referente a registracion, por favor comuniquese con la Sra. Cisar en la extension 2009
Mondays Bell Schedule
9:50 - Warning Bell
9:55-10:01 - Homeroom
10:01-10:39 - 1st per.
10:43-11:21 - 2nd per.
11:25-12:03 - 3rd per.
12:07-12:45 - 4th per. (1st lunch)
12:49-1:27 - 5th per. (2nd lunch)
1:31-2:09 - 6th per. (3rd lunch)
2:13-2:51 - 7th per.
2:55-3:33 - 8th per.
Regular Days Bell Schedule (Tuesday-Friday)
8:50 - Warning Bell
8:55-9:05 - Homeroom
9:05-9:50 - 1st per.
9:54-10:39 - 2nd per.
10:43-11:28 - 3rd per.
11:32-12:17 - 4th per. (1st lunch)
12:21-1:06 - 5th per. (2nd lunch)
1:10-1:55 - 6th per. (3rd lunch)
1:59-2:44 - 7th per.
2:48-3:33 - 8th per.
Bell Schedule & School Year Calendar
Dear Madison Mustang Families:
We would like to wish everyone a safe and productive 2014. The beginning of a new calendar year and a new semester at school provide a great opportunity for students to set new goals and to find new connections to the school through classes and extra-curricular activities. We welcome parents to participate and be a part of the life of our school through PTA, ELAC, and volunteer opportunities. For news about Madison, please follow us on Twitter at #madisonvusd.
Minimum Day Bell Schedule due to Parent Conferences (3/18 & 3/20)
8:55-9:18a - 1st period
9:22-9:44a - 2nd period
9:48-10:10a - 3rd period
10:14-10:36a - 4th period
10:40-11:02a - 5th period
11:06-11:28a - 6th period
11:32-11:54a - 7th period
11:58-12:21p - 8th period (end of school day)
12:21-12:30p - LUNCH (optional)
If you have concerns about your child’s lack of academic progress please call our office to schedule a parent/teacher conference. Conferences can be scheduled from 1:15 pm – 4:45 pm on Tuesday and Thursday if needed. To schedule a conference please contact Ms. Clem at ext. 2015 or Mrs. Summerson, ext. 2000, for Spanish.
What do the New Attendance Areas Look Like for Middle Schools?
Middle School Attendance Areas Have Been Re-Aligned. What does this Mean for My 5th, 6th, and 7th Grade Children?
- What is the New Magnet Middle School and Where is it? A new school is opening in the district in a familiar place but with a new vision--Washington Middle School will close at the end of the 2013/2014 school year and re-open as a magnet school. The name of the magnet school is the Vista Innovation and Design Academy (VIDA). VIDA will be the second magnet middle school in the district, joining the highly-successful, Vista Magnet Middle School. The school has a mascot--the Sharks--and a new website: www.vida.vistausd.org.
- My Child is Currently at Washington Middle School. What do I Need to Do? Current 6th and 7th graders at Washington Middle School can automatically attend VIDA since they are current students at Washington Middle School. Incoming 6th graders will need to apply to the school through the magnet application process, which may be accessed on our website.
- What do the New Attendance Areas Look Like for Middle Schools? Since VIDA is becoming a magnet school, the attendance areas for Roosevelt, Rancho Minerva, and Madison Middle Schools have been re-aligned. In short, the attendance areas for these three schools have become larger, but their school sizes are expected to remain about the same.
Current students at all of the middle schools will get to remain at their current schools, should they choose to do so. A committee, comprised of representatives from each of the middle schools, met to make recommendations on the realignment process, and the Board of Trustees approved their recommendation at the January 16, 2014 Board meeting.
We are excited to offer families fantastic middle schools and choices. Stay tuned for updates from our middle schools. Please see the attached Middle Schools Boundary Map.
Posted by: Claudia Summerson
Improvements to School Safety Practices
There is nothing more important to us as a district than the safety of our school communities, and to improve in this area, changes have been made to district board and administrative policy. To ensure the smooth implementation of these changes, we believe it is important to communicate at both the district and site levels, so this is the first of several communications about this topic as we move toward implementing these changes.
Our Districtwide emphasis on school safety includes the following:
- Before and after school, only students and staff will be allowed inside the campus perimeter.
- Parents can access staff, as they normally would, via the sign in/sign out procedure in the office for meetings and other routine needs.
- While in session, school perimeters will be secure and locked.
- During arrival and dismissal, open gate areas will be supervised.
- Employees will wear their employee badges.
Student release during the school day will be standardized and is as follows:
- Students shall be released during the school day only to the custody of an adult in possession of a valid, government issued photo identification card and if:
- The adult is the student’s custodial parent/guardian
- The adult has been authorized on the student’s emergency card as someone to whom the student may be released with authorization from the custodial parent/guardian or when the custodial parent/guardian cannot be reached, and the principal or designee verifies the adult’s identity
- The adult is an authorized law enforcement officer acting in accordance with law
- The adult is taking the student to emergency medical care at the request of the principal or designee
We want to thank our community for sharing this value of safety, and though some of procedures may take some getting used to, they are for the benefit of our students, staff, and parents.
Please click on the following link to be redirected to our district message: http://www.vistausd.org/cms/news_item
Posted by: Claudia Summerson
ASB: Upcoming Event
Decade Day: Wear an outfit from your favorite decade
(dress code still applies)
High School Registration Information
2013-14 Middle School-High School Registration Information and Dates
Click the following link to be redirected: High School Registration
Intra-District Transfers Window is Now Open
The window for submitting
for the 2014-2015 school year is
January 6, 2014 through March 31, 2014
click here for more information
Click Our School tab and then Upcoming Events to find our Announcement page with current and past announcements.
Current School Flyers available on:
Peachjar - eflyers
We've gone paperless! All flyers from school and outside sources are available online and can even be sent to your email or as a text message through Peachjar. This is saving our school and the district a lot of money in time and paper. We encourage you to check with the office to make sure your preferred email address is on file. Be sure to check often for updates.
For more detailed information, please click on the tab above named RESOURCES.
Follow us on Twitter - @madisonvusd